Steve Yegge’s Phone-Screen Coding Exercises
June 30, 2009
Steve Yegge is a programmer and popular blogger. One of his blog entries proposes these seven phone-screen coding exercises:
- Write a function to reverse a string.
- Write a function to compute the Nth fibonacci number.
- Print out the grade-school multiplication table up to 12 x 12.
- Write a function that sums up integers from a text file, one per line.
- Write a function to print the odd numbers from 1 to 99.
- Find the largest int value in an int array.
- Format an RGB value (three 1-byte numbers) as a 6-digit hexadecimal string.
Your task is to write solutions to stevey’s phone-screen exercises. When you are finished, you are welcome to read a suggested solution, or to post your solution or discuss the exercise in the comments below.
Pages: 1 2